Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Almost Time for Maniwaki

I'm busy getting ready for Rallye Perce Neige Maniwaki. It looks like it's going to be a good rally.


There are 44 entries according to the most recent update on the event web site. A notable late entry is Travis Pastrana, in what I believe is his first Canadian rally.

The starting order has been published. Apparently, we'll be starting as the very last car on the road. The sheer ice we'll have to deal with (from 43 other cars polishing the road ahead of us) will keep our speed down, but this may be a bit of an equalizer for us against the other regional-only cars at the back of the pack: the power difference between the stock-engined Lada and the higher HP, modded cars won't matter so much if they can't get their extra power down either.

All in all, it looks like a great event. I haven't been to Perce Neige in three years, and I'm looking forward to going back.

Note: I don't know what the Internet situation's going to be like at our Maniwaki hotel. I may be able to post over the weekend, but maybe not. There are a few places you can get your fix of news from Perce Neige while I'm away:

www.rallyeperceneige.com - Event Web Site
www.rallyscoring.com - Live Stage Scores
www.flatovercrest.com - News Articles, Updates and Photos


Jeff

No comments: